Baltimore has many museums or rather institutions such as government entities, private businesses and nonprofit organizations which collect and safe keep objects of artistic, cultural, historical or scientific interest and make sure that the collections or other exhibits are available for the public to view.
– American Visionary Art Museum, Federal Hill.
– Eubie Blake Cultural Center, Mount Vernon.
– Baltimore Museum of Art, Homewood.
– Maryland Art Place, Downtown Baltimore.
– Maryland Institute College of Art Galleries, Bolton Hill.
– The Contemporary, Downtown Baltimore.
– School 33 Art Center, Federal Hill.
– Walters Art Museum, Mount Vernon.
– McFadden Art Glass.
– Carroll Mansion, Jonestone.
– Homewood Museum, Homewood.
– Evergreen Museum and Library, Homewood.
– Irish Railroad Workers Museum, Hollins Market.
– Mount Clare Museum House, Carrollton Ridge.
– Mother Seton House, Mount Vernon.
– Robert Long House, Fell’s Point.
– Maryland Historical Society Museum, Mount Vernon.
– Star Spangled Banner Flag House and 1812 Museum, Little Italy.
– Fort McHenry, Locust Point.
– Maryland Museum of Military History, Baltimore.
– Maryland Science Center, Federal Hill.
– National Cryptologic Museum
African American Museum
– Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African-American History and Culture, Little Italy.
– Johns Hopkins Archaeological Museum, Homewood.
– Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum, Downtown Baltimore.
– Port Discovery, Downtown Baltimore.
– Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Baltimore.
– National Slavic Museum for Ethnic Slavic, Fell’s Point.
– Jewish Museum of Maryland for Ethnic Jewish, Jonestone.
Computer History Museum
– System Source Computer Museum, Hunt Valley.
Museum for Hall of Fame in Sports
– Lacrosse Museum and National Hall of Fame, Homewood.
– Baltimore Museum of Industry, Federal Hill.
– Phoenix Shot Tower, Downtown Baltimore.
– Historic Ships in Baltimore, Downtown Baltimore.
– USS Torsk.
– S.S. John W. Brown.
– Geppi’s Entertainment Museum, Downtown Baltimore.
– National Museum of Dentistry, Downtown Baltimore.
Natural history Museum
– Cylburn Nature Museum, Cylburn.
– University of Maryland School of Nursing Living History Museum, Downtown Baltimore.
– Baltimore Streetcar Museum, Charles Village.
– Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum, Washington Village.
– B&O Ellicott City Station Museum
– Lovely Lane Museum and Archives, Barclay.
– Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum, Downtown Baltimore.
– National Great Blacks In Wax Museum, Oliver.
Museum with Multiple Categories
– Frederick Douglass Isaac Myers Maritime Park – About history, art and maritime history. Located in Fell’s Point.